What is the showcase template?
The showcase page template is only to be used with Showcase pages. Developer comments have been added to help you orient yourself within the template. You can find a demo page to help you visualise the layout here.
The Showcase template comprises six sections.
The showcase template is called showcase-final. Please do not use the other templates with showcase in the name. They have been deleted, but unfortunately SiteKit is not removing them from the list of available templates. This should be fixed by next week.
Showcase pages have been created in the folder Showcase in the root directory.
This is designed to present a striking image, a short summary, and some useful links. It's comprised of three elements.
- Editable picture block. This is a full width hero image. Image should be 1200 px wide x 375 px high. We've prepared a checklist of things to consider before you upload an image.
- Editable text block. This is for the links you wish to highlight. Please add these as a bulleted (not numbered) list, and make them links in the normal way.
- Editable text block. This is for a heading-style summary of a few paragraphs describing the service or offer.
This is designed mostly for people who don't have multiple tabs and so don't want to used 3. Tabbed section. However, it's a full editable text block, and may be useful in other circumstances.
This section enables content to be presented under different categories without making the page excessively long. It comprises two blocks, repeated six times for up to six tabs.
- Editable text block. This is for the tab heading. Please keep this as short as possible.
- Editable text block. This is for the text inside a tab. You can insert images in the normal way, and style the text however you wish. If you want to use headings, please start with H3 and move down.
This section is designed to highlight a campaign, service, or important thing. If it is not used it will not appear on the page. It consists of four blocks.
- Editable image block. This is another hero sized image. Image should be 1200 px wide x 375 px high. We've prepared a checklist of things to consider before you upload an image.
- Editable text block. This is for the h3 title of your feature block. It is styled automatically so styling is disabled.
- Editable text block. This is for the text that appears below the h3 title.
- Editable text block. This should only contain a link. It will be added as a button under the title and summary text.
This section is designed to highlight specific pages or posts that are evergreen. They won't update automatically, so will remain until they are updated. It consists of ten blocks. A title, then three blocks repeated three times.
- Editable text block. This is for the heading for this section. It will style as an H3.
- Editable content block. This is for the link to your content.
- If linking to a page, use an asset link in this format:
- If linking to a post, use the url.
- Editable picture block. The image for this page / post. You need to enter this manually in the usual way. Ensure your images are the same height. Ideally, use the same size as post images.
This section is designed to enable you to insert whatever dynamic code blocks you wish to use. Please note that many of these are not yet working. However, you may browse the list of dyamic content blocks and insert them anyway. Once they are switched on they will start working with no input required from you. it consists of one block.
- Editable text block. Insert the appropriate code snippets, one to a line.